Monday, July 30, 2012

Grayson stats and a Kellen and Mommy update

I was trying to take a nap since all 3 boys are napping, but I felt the urge to document Grayson's stats up until now.  So, in regards to milk (the most important topic these days, lol) days 1-2 I was producing just about 1 mls of milk, which is why I substituted with formula the first few days.  I pumped every 2 hours around the clock. Then by day 3 I started making about 10 mls.  By day 4 I made 28mls, then day 5 40 mls.  Day 6 I was making 2 ounces where I continued that amount until day 8, then I jumped to 4 ounces days 9-10.  At this point I started going 3 hours between pumping sessions, still around the clock, then 5 ounces days 11-12, today (day 13) I started making 6 ounces.  I am now pumping every 3.5-4 hours.  I am not sure if I will continue to pump every 4 hours or if I will stick to the 3 hour intervals.  It is nice having that 4 hour break though!  I eat a bowl of oatmeal everyday and drink Mother' Milk tea and about 64 ounces of water a day. Quickly after we were home from the hospital, Grayson was obviously getting irritated with my slow milk production in the beginning I made the decision to do exactly what I did for Kellen, exclusively pump.  The way I look at it is that as long as I am giving my baby my milk I am doing exactly what I set out to do.  I want my baby to get breast milk. period.  For me, it doesn't matter how he gets it, as long as he gets it and is as healthy as can be.  With Kellen I was able to give him breast milk the entire first year of his life.  That was a huge accomplishment for me and I will strive to do the exact same for Grayson.

Grayson isn't eating as much as I am producing.  He is now eating about 3-3.5 ounces every 3-4 hours.  I would like for him to eat 4 ounces every 4 hours, so I am working at getting there.  But for now, I am able to freeze some milk.  He sleeps in 3 hour increments during the day, and at night he gets a little tricky.  He sometimes sleeps for 2 hours at a time, but then sometimes he will sleep 4 hours.  I am not sure why...still working on that.

He is just about out of his newborn clothes completely.  Actually at the hospital they skipped putting him in newborn diapers!  He was just already too big for them!  But since I have so many we are trying to use them up as quick as possible, I would hate to waste any diapers!  But soon I will pull out the size ones!  As for his clothes, he is wearing a different outfit everyday until he has worn each newborn outfit.  As he wears them I pack them up, or put some in a memory box.  I will donate all his clothes and any remaining diapers to the orphanages in Haiti. 

I know that no one will believe me, but I swear that there are times when he looks at me and smiles.  I know, I know, you're thinking "gas", I did too.  But, just today I was watching him and as soon as he saw my face ( I got about 1-2 feet away from him) and he smiled.  I backed away and he stopped smiling.  Then I came in close again and he smiled at me, looking right at me!  I did it a few times and each time he smiled.  So there, :), he WAS smiling AT me!!! 

He is making some really cute noises every once in a while.  On his 1 week birthday he made 3 cooing noises back to back.  Now he makes them a little more regularly.  Plus a super cute little yell that I LOVE!


Kellen is doing GREAT!!!!  I am so proud of him!  The first 10 days were rough, I will admit.  He was so hyper and completely beside himself.  After all our guests left and our house became quiet and calm again, Kellen calmed down.  Evan and I have noticed a huge change in him.  He has become very snuggly with both of us.  He likes to climb up on our laps and sit with us for extended periods of time now, he gives us hugs when we ask for them, including KISSES!!!!  He has stopped pitching fits when we don't want him to do something, he's done a complete 180 and is even more sweet than he was before Grayson came!  I think that as long as Evan and I give both boys equal attention then Kellen nor Grayson will feel left out.  That was my biggest concern.  I was terrified that Kellen would feel abandoned once Grayson came and watching him act out those first 10 days I thought for sure that he felt left behind.  That absolutely tore my heart out.  But now that isn't much of a concern for me anymore. :) As for what he is like as a big brother...he is REALLY GOOD!  He loves sharing his toys and his special blankie!  Kellen is constantly nicely placing his toys on Grayson.  Its really special and makes me SO happy to see!

Here's what Grayson look like once Kellen has shared his toys!  LOL!

Heading out today to help dad pick up the sticks after the rain storm.

CHEESE!!!!!!

"Don't bother me mom, Elmo's on!"

So, what its been like for me.  Besides falling in love all over again, feeling absolutely content as a mom of 2 boys and feeling like my life is now complete, there has been a ton of pain.  I got pretty beat up before the delivery (carrying a really big baby), during the delivery I got pretty beat up, and then after the delivery I tore out 2 stitches, took way too long to heal and then got double mastitis.  Its been really hard.  I wasn't able to walk for 2 weeks before having Grayson, then I couldn't walk for 1.5 weeks afterwards.  I was put on an antibiotic last week for the mastitis and am finally feeling better.  I've been able to pick Kellen up now, and get some house work done.  I went to the grocery store with Evan and Kellen on Saturday.  I was SO excited to get out of the house and actually do SOMETHING!  Even though it was just going to the grocery store! LOL!  We are putting our house up for sale, so today Evan and I got some staging done, and tonight once everyone is up from their nap I want to go for a walk!  Something I haven't done in a long time!  All in all, we are doing really well.  Everyday I feel stronger and more confident as a mom. :)

13 days later and 13 pounds to go.


Remember what I looked like the last time I wore this shirt...WHOA.
LOL!!!!!!


No comments: