Thursday, June 28, 2012

37 Weeks and 5 days Appointment

I seriously can't believe I am still pregnant!  I really thought Grayson would have come already!  I had a dr appointment today.  I've gained 2 lbs, which is fine because I haven't gained anything in 3 weeks, my blood pressure is right on, Grayson's heart beat sounds perfect and is in the 130 range.  Grayson is in position and I am still measuring 2 weeks ahead.  I laid back so my dr could measure my belly and she started talking about how big she thinks Grayson is.  She asked how big Evan was when he was born...well, I don't know the exact weight, but he was almost a 10 lb baby.  She thinks Grayson will be big...hopefully not THAT big.  She said his head is up high, so he might not be AS big as she thought, but still thinks he will be bigger than Kellen was.  I am still 50% effaced, but I have progressed from 1cm to 2 cms.  Not much, but its something, right!?!?!

Its driving me crazy wondering when my baby will decide he is ready!!!  Will it be another day, few days, week, two weeks?  WHAT?  A friend of mine is WAY over due.  She is about 1.5 weeks over. I wonder if I will be the same?  What really weird is that with both our first babies, they came 3 weeks early.  For some reason with our seconds they are taking longer to come.  I just hope she has her baby before me!  I feel bad for her!

I feel really uncomfortable.  All this weight really is all in my belly and its really hard walking with a giant belly sticking straight out!  My pelvis hurts a lot, my hips and back do too.  Some days are better than others.  I've noticed that by Thursday my body slows way down.  Friday's are about impossible. I have to say Evan has seriously helped me out like crazy!  He's been doing most of the house work for the past few weeks now.  He plays with Kellen so hard so that when I get home from work I can take a really long nap and then Evan goes to work.  On the weekends he works very hard at keeping the house clean and organized, he knows how badly I want the house clean when Grayson comes.  He plays with Kellen, changes him, feeds, him, pretty much does all of it and when I try and do work I am told to relax and put my feet up.  I am so thankful that he's been helping me so much. I really need to think of something really nice for him just to let him know how much I really do appreciate him. :)

I pray that my babysitting arrangements work out for when I go into labor.  That's been stressing me out like you wouldn't believe, so any prayers or positive thoughts sent my way for a smooth transition for Kellen would be really appreciated.  I never leave Kellen, so this is going to be harder than the actual labor for me.  I am so worried about who will be able to care for him, I am worried that he will be upset if its with someone he doesn't really know, I am worried that he will wake up in the middle of the night and Evan and I won't be here and he will be scared.  That makes my heart race and tears start flowing.  I pray it works out.  I have a great family of friends around me and supporting us, so I just need to let go and trust that everything will be fine.


No comments: