Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Announcement and Turtles

Ok- I have an announcement to make...I have officially slowed down.  I can barely hold Kellen longer than a few minutes now, I feel like a beetle stuck on its back when I try and get up, I can't tie my shoes by myself, I have to lean on the kitchen sink when I do my dishes, I am tired and VERY uncomfortable.  My pelvis hurts, my back hurts, my legs are weak, and I feel like I am in a constant daze because I can't sleep anymore.  I am happy and sad at the same time.  I am happy because I am getting close to meeting my baby and that makes me SO SO SO happy, but sad because it really bothers me that I can't carry my sweet Kellen around and I can't take him for the hikes that we used to do together.  Kellen and I used to go on Saturday morning dates together while Evan was at work, but I am so weak I can't do it anymore, at least not by myself.  I had to stop doing my playgroup because I can't chase Kellen around!  I am struggling to get my chores done and things done to prepare for when Grayson gets here. 

I am really not complaining, I know this all comes with the territory and I get that.  But its hard going from an active and fit person to not being able to play with my son like I used to and I worry that its bothering him, that's the hardest part...and I don't like not being able to clean my house!!!!!

In other news, hehe, Memorial day weekend was awesome!!!  Evan and I got SOME cleaning done.  He's been helping me out a ton on the weekends, and I REALLY appreciate that!  Of course I would kill to have my house professionally cleaned right before Grayson arrives, but that just wont happen, so we will tackle the cleaning a little at a time.  I know, I am insane with the cleaning, but it really bothers me that I can't scrub on my hands and knees anymore!  I've accepted that craziness!  Anyways, we we cleaned, and I worked on a project that I've been wanting to do for Grayson.  The other day I was looking around at Kellen's room and everything except for 2 things on his walls were handmade, so I wanted to do the same for Grayson.  I decided a long time ago that turtles were his theme.  I just kept seeing turtles everywhere and thinking about them a lot (when I was pregnant I kept seeing owls and got a different feeling about them when I saw them).  Its like my boys were telling me what their totem was.  So I listen.  I have a lot of projects in mind for Grayson's room, but this is what I did.  I took this old ugly picture...
 And changed it in to this...
I like it!  It turned out exactly how I wanted it.  So, next weekend I will do another one.

We had a BBQ with Amber, Dave and Hyla on Sunday, that was nice.  We love spending time with them.  And on Monday I was so swollen, so Evan and I just did a little work around the house and I took many breaks.  So, its was a nice long weekend.

Oh, and I am changing the look of my blog a little, so bare with me. :)

No comments: