Monday, April 30, 2012

Toddler Bed Experience Night #2

So, last night Kellen didn't fall out of bed once!!!!  He cried a little when I left the room and shut his door. :(  And was screaming, "mum mum", BROKE MY HEART!!!  He would climb down off his bed and run to the door crying my name, no SCREAMING my name, then crawl back up on his bed, all the while carrying his blankie.  Seeing him climb up on his big bed, with such little energy and tugging his blankie too was really sweet and sad!!!!  When I heard him screaming, I went in and scooped him up and sang his favorite song to him.  I don't want him to be scared of the dark!  I was able to calm him down, so I laid him back in his bed, but then again he got up and started crying again.  I knew that I couldn't keep going in his room, so I stood outside his door praying that he would calm down and fall asleep.  He did this 2-3 times but after about 5 minutes he passed out, ok he cried himself to sleep.:( Its really hard being a tough mom!  I just wanted to soothe him, but in order for him to learn I couldn't go rushing into his room each time he cried my name!  That is the hardest part of motherhood!  But, again, I think he did really well.  He never fell out once.  I pray that tonight he doesn't tear my heart out of my chest again and he just stays in bed and falls peacefully asleep.

No comments: