Monday, April 9, 2012

26 Weeks!





How far along? 26 weeks and 2 days!  
Total weight gain: 18 pounds. 
Size of Baby: 14 inches and one and two-thirds pounds.
Sleep: The past week or so has been difficult.  I get up 3-4 times to pee, and about 4-5 times to readjust my hips.  They are burning while I sleep and it wakes me up.  I feel like I am about 80 years old when I get out of bed now and hobble to the bathroom.  I made an appointment to see a chiropractor for next Wednesday.  I have no idea hat to expect.  I've never seen a chiropractor before, but a friend of mine who is as far along as I am see's one for the same issues and she says its helped her out a lot.
Best moment this week:I felt hiccups!!!  They were really tiny but no doubt, I felt them!  Kellen used to get them all the time, sometimes twice a day!
Movement: Yes!!!  He moves so much!  It's almost constant, but even more so at night while I am relaxing with my heating pad and after I eat.  He has been stretching out, that is one WEIRD feeling!
Food cravings:EVERYTHING! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I haven't had it much this week, but when I do I immediately take a Zofran.
Pregnancy Brain Moment: Still no pregnancy moments...that I can remember...hahah!  I am still going through the nesting phase.  I reorganized my walk-in closet a few days ago.  I was getting sick and tired of not finding clothes and know that once this little guy gets here I wont have the time or patience to look for anything!  So, it is all nice and organized and I love it!  This week I want to clean out my storage room! 
Name Game:  Like I said, we have a name.  We've only told our closest family and asked them not to share yet.  I will announce it at the beginning of May. :)
Labor Signs: I had more cramping on March 30-31.  It's all related to stress.  I have been ignoring a lot of things that I normally don't because I really can not deal with any stress right now.  It causes my stomach to instantly cramp up, so for my baby's health I am ignoring certain things that upset me.  After my baby arrives safe and sound I will deal with it then.
Symptoms:Still getting some Braxton Hicks at night.  The hip pain is most prevalent right now, and some lower back pain too.  All very normal for this point in my pregnancy.  I have a pregnancy belt, but it was too big still, so a friend of mine is fixing it for me, so hopefully I will start to wear that this week and take some pressure off my back and hips.
Belly Button in or out? It goes back and forth.  Some days it is in and some days it is out....weird.  Kellen likes to poke it. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
What I've done this week to prepare for Baby Martz:  All the bottles have been sterilized and I bought a couple more onsies and some newborn pants.
Happy or Moody most of the time?  Honestly, I have been feeling more emotional.  I am SO happy and I can't wait to meet my little boy! 
Looking forward to: April 21!  I will be in the THIRD TRIMESTER!!!  And on April 23 I have anther dr appt!

1 comment:

Amy workman said...

So exciting. It's good to hear your doing well and I can catch some good advice in your blog for my 1st! Seems I can't get enough info. Look forward to the next one.