Sunday, March 18, 2012

23 Weeks!



How far along? 23 weeks and 1 day!  

Total weight gain: 14 pounds. 

Size of Baby: 11 1/2 inches and 1 pound 


Sleep: This past week I've slept pretty good.  I've been doing stretches morning and night to help with the hip pains that I get, so that's really helped me.
 
Best moment this week: I can now see Sweet Pea's kicks!  The other day I was waiting for some take out and I could see him kicking me through my shirt!  Soon I will try and catch those kicks on video.  


Movement: Yes!!!  I can already tell he is more active than Kellen was.   This little boy moves so much!  Especially after I eat and at night. 

Food cravings: I was craving shrimp and grits last week, but it went away!  I started craving Chinese!  So, I got a bunch of Chinese food and ate it for 3 days straight!  Now I am craving cookies!  I bought 3 boxes of cookies yesterday!  And I am sure I will eat every one of them...of course I will share a few though!


Anything making you queasy or sick: I don't know what it was, but something made me sick on Thursday and Friday morning and again Friday and last night.  I was actually throwing up Friday and Saturday night.  So, I am REALLY glad that had my Zofran refilled!  I swear that medicine is a life saver!



NEW! Pregnancy Brain Moment: I thought this would be a fun new question.  My pregnancy brain moment this week was on Thursday morning.  I woke up feeling sick so it took me extra long to get ready.  Once I finally got to my car I realized that I had forgotten something, I ran back in side, grabbed what I needed, ran back out to the car and then realized I had forgotten something else...I did this 4 times!!!  Needless to say, I got to work late.  Thankfully, my boss is VERY understanding!


NEW!  Name Game:  Well, we don't have a name yet.  Every year the company I work for celebrates Laboratorian's week.  We celebrate for a week straight and do lots of fun stuff!  We play games, eat great foods, and the mood is generally really light.  My boss suggested that I participate in this game called, "Name The Baby", employees suggest different baby names for me and Evan to consider.  I thought it was a great idea, so hopefully someone will suggest the perfect name for us!  My goal is to have a name by May 1.


Labor Signs: None


Symptoms:  Last week I was feeling a lot of Braxton Hicks, so I drank a ton of water to try and get them to go away, it worked!  The only symptoms I've really had this week is the relaxin hormone.  It feels like I've been punched in my groin! And my lower back and hips are achy.  Other than that, I feel really good!  I have to say that I am SO glad that I've gotten my energy back!  There are some days where I am so tired, but instead of feeling beat everyday, its only 1-2 times a week now!  I think that is great being that I am chasing a crazy toddler around too!

Belly Button in or out? My belly button never stuck out when I was pregnant with Kellen, not once!  But starting this week it IS sticking out!!!  I am going to ask my doctor about this, but it sometimes gets really tender.  If I bump it or brush it up against something it hurts.  But, my belly button has popped!



Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!



NEW! What I've done this week to prepare for Baby Martz:  This is a new question too.  I thought it would help me keep what I need to do and accomplished more organized.  This week I went through all of Kellen's Newborn-3 month old clothing and hung it up in the nursery.  We also took Kellen's bottles away so I sterilized them all and put them away for Baby Martz.

Looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment.  I have a few questions and can't wait to hear his heartbeat again!



Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!  About now you will start gaining 1 pound a week!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent. 


1 comment:

BarbLee said...

I love this blog! How did you get started w/ it? I think I would like to start one, could you help me get it going? What are expectant mothers reading now a days? When I was preggo 16 years ago it was, "what to expect..."

Hoping to conceive soon...