Monday, March 26, 2012

24 Weeks and a Comparison

Above picture: 24 weeks pregnant with Sweet Pea; Below picture: 24 weeks pregnant with Kellen.

I've been waiting to hit this 6 month mark!  This is a great time in my pregnancy because this is the point where doctors will try everything they can for my baby if (GOD forbid) he comes early.  Its a reassuring feeling.  I wanted to compare my belly to when I was this far along with Kellen.  I already knew that I am carrying bigger this time, but its really neat to see the comparison picture.  

How far along? 24 weeks and 2 days!  

Total weight gain: 14 pounds. 

Size of Baby: 12 inches and one and a half pounds.


Sleep: I am so lucky, I've been sleeping really well.  Its a night time ritual to sit back in bed, watch about 30 minutes of TV with my heating pad.  Its been great!  I wake up about 3-4 times during the night to pee.
 
Best moment this week: Evan and I have decided on a name!!!  I LOVE IT!  The only ones who know are me, Evan and Kellen.  I can't say what the name is yet.  I want to wait just a little while and talk to his name sake first. :)


Movement: Yes!!!  He moves so much!  It's almost constant, but even more so at night while I am relaxing with my heating pad and after I eat.

Food cravings: CHOCOLATE!  I sent Evan out on Friday night to get me a chocolate popsicle.  YUMMO!


Anything making you queasy or sick: I haven't had it much this week, but when I do I immediately take a Zofran.



Pregnancy Brain Moment: Believe it or not, I didn't have a moment!  But, I am going through the nesting phase.  I swept my kitchen floor 4 times on Saturday!!!!  I just want my house spick n' span! 

Name Game:  Since I couldn't contain myself, we do have a name.  But I am going to wait a little while before I announce it.  I want to talk to his name sake first, and do the Name The Baby game at work.  Since there will be a winner, I don't want any cheating!


Labor Signs: Well, I didn't go into labor, but I did have a really big scare last week, you can read about it HERE.  Now Evan makes me nap and rest after I've done a bunch of stuff around the house.


Symptoms: The Baxton Hicks have eased up, probably because I am chugging 100 ounces of water a day.  I am feeling back pain though.  The relaxin hormone has eased up quite a bit this week too, which has been really nice!

Belly Button in or out? It goes back and forth.  Some days it is in and some days it is out....weird.  I am going to ask my doctor about this, but it sometimes gets really tender.  If I bump it or brush it up against something it hurts. 



Wedding rings on or off? On


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  And really excited to be having a boy!

What I've done this week to prepare for Baby Martz:  I am slowly adding to my hospital bag!  So far I have packed: Nursing bra, face wash, face cream, body wash, mouth wash, deodorant, hand cream, body lotion, chap stick, and the coming home blanket for baby.

Looking forward to: Wednesday!  I go for another dr appointment, then I start going every 2 weeks!!!!  I have a ton of questions for her and I can't wait to hear my sweet baby's heartbeat!  And, on Saturday I am going to Babies R Us to register for my baby shower with Jen and Samantha! 

No comments: