Did you make a New Year resolution? I used to. I used to do the normal resolutions, like eating healthier, lose weight etc...But, over the past few days, I thought about what I wanted my New Years resolution to be...and I came up empty. I am eating healthy, I can't lose weight, I don't smoke...I can't think of anything else! I think this year instead of setting a resolution, I will make myself a TO DO LIST for the YEAR...or at least until sweet pea comes! That sounds more do-able for me anyways. So, here is my list.
1. Clean out the dreaded storage room. (I will muster up the guts to take a pic...ITS HORRIBLE!) I want to clean this storage room up and make it into a nicely organized pantry and shoes/coat closet, but it is FULL of Christmas decorations, dog food, cat food, sweeper, mop, TONS of clothes, flooring, baseboards, Kellen toys, its horrible. It will seriously take a miracle to organize!
2. Clean out all my kitchen cabinets! There are 36 of them. I want them scrubbed out and organized with labels. LOL.
3. I want the den/study to be baby proofed. This is going to be hard because of my desk, with all sorts of papers, electronics and lots of wires. I am going to have to figure out how to baby proof all of that!
4. I HAVE to change the guest room into a baby/toddler room. This can't be done until we find out the gender of the baby. If I have a boy, the guest room will turn into a nursery for the new baby and Kellen will stay in his current room. But, if it's a girl, Kellen's room will remain the nursery and Kellen will move into the guest room after I make it a BIG boy's room. I think...I am entitled to change my mind at a moments notice.
5. I want to bleach down all the walls in the house. I did this when I was pregnant with Kellen, but now a days, its much harder to get things like this done. A toddler running around a ladder and a prego on the ladder...doesn't mix well.
That is my to do list, not to mention all the other things I have to do just to prepare for the baby...like making LOTS of frozen foods for when sweet pea comes, sterilizing paci's, bottles, toys, oh God, where will I start with that! Oh, well, I have 6 months, no make that 5 months to get ready! EEK!!!