Saturday, January 7, 2012

Farewell First Trimester and Speculations

Today is a very good day!  I am really starting to come to the realization that I am going to have a baby!  I know that must sound so weird to some of you, but it just doesn't seem real!  Even with all the sickness, and growing belly, and mood swings and exhaustion, it really doesn't.  I still can't believe that we are here. Chasing around a wild 14 month old boy and pregnant.  It doesn't seem real.  I honestly can't imagine what this is going to be like, taking care of a new born and Kellen.  I know it is going to be really hard at first, but this is certain to make Evan and me a stronger people and stronger parents! 

Everyone is telling me that they think sweet pea is a girl, only based on the fact that I've been so sick, but I know several preggos who are just as sick as me and are having boys.  So, while I appreciate the speculation for fun, it isn't anything that I base my opinion on.  There are so many WEIRD "wives tales" predicting gender.  Of course I have done most of them, FOR FUN!  Here are a few:

Baking Soda Test: ( I haven't done this one...yet)
Add 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp of baking soda to a cup, then add your urine to it and see what happens.
If it fizzes & bubbles its supposed to be boy.
If it does nothing at all its supposed to be girl.

Needle or Ring Test: (It predicted Girl)
Take a pin, needle, or wedding ring and attach it to a thread or strand of hair. Hold the dangling item over mom to be's belly while she is lying down. If the needle or wedding ring swings in a strong circular motion, you will be having a girl. If it moves in a to and fro motion like a pendulum, you will be having a boy.

Baby's Heart Beat: (Sweetpea's heartbeat was in the 150's, but so was Kellen's)
The theory states that if your baby's heart rate was 140 beats per minute and above, you would be having a girl. If the heart rate was under 140 beats per minute, then you would be having a boy.

Cabbage Test: ( I haven't done this one, but probably will!)
Buy a red cabbage. The size of the cabbage does not matter at all.
Cut the cabbage into big chunks. The smaller you cut the chunks, the better your results will turn out.
Boil some water on the stove and put in the chunks of cabbage.
Let the water and cabbage boil for about 10 minutes or so. When the ten minutes is up, remove it from the heat.
Grab a cup and go to the bathroom! Pee into the cup.
In a separate cup, mix 1 part of your urine to 1 part of the water that the cabbage was boiled in. No need to save the cabbage unless you want to eat it. It's pretty tasty, so you might want to eat it!

If the urine/cabbage water turns pink or red then this indicates a boy result.
If the urine/cabbage water turns purple, this indicates a girl result.

An Old Wives Tale Prediction Test: (It predicted Girl)
Click here: http://babygenderprediction.com/old-wives-tales/index.phtml


Chinese Gender Test: (It predicted Girl)
Click here: http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/pred.html

Again, these are just fun to do, but we won't know for sure until we throw our Gender Reveal Party and find out along with everyone else.

Here is what my little Sweet Pea is up to these days!
What's up with your baby? Well, besides being as large as a peach now, that big old noggin of hers is now about half the size of her crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time you give birth, her body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of her total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction (the first step toward saying, "I love you, Mommy!"). And because she can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into her mouth (a habit that may come in handy for self-soothing when she’s a newborn).

And here is his/her home: (I instinctively typed "her"...lol, but then I change it to his/her)

And of course Kellen!  Who is the cutest little boy EVER!  We are working very hard on teaching him how to walk by himself.  He is perfect with his walker, and will walk by holding one of my fingers, but will still only take a couple steps independently.  Well, Evan was rather old when he started walking, so I am thinking that he is following Evan's foot steps.  I have no idea when I started walking, I will have to ask my mom that question.  I took this picture yesterday, I found Kellen napping like this!  SO CUTE!

Don't forget, if you want to be entered for a chance to win a great prize, you need to "follow" my blog.  For more details, click here:

http://eandlmartz.blogspot.com/2012/01/50th-post-and-followers-wanted.html

1 comment:

The Phillips Family said...

You, your belly and little Kellen are all so cute! As for walking, you were up on your tiptoes way too early (ha) and just terrified but also thrilled and amazed us all by the way! LOL And you must have been around the same age as Angie (9 to 10 months) but Angie didn't do the tippy toes she just went straight to running fast (ha) then climbed on everything to scare me instead! I think maybe boys like to take their time and walk when they have to - just like they do later when you ask them to do a chore or something but there's something on TV (ha)! We love them just the same anyway! Kellen will be up and going when he's ready and you'll be wishing he wasn't! Also, I think you're having a girl as well and that's just because I know (ha) not because of some test or trick but just because I'm weird like that! (ha)