Thursday, December 15, 2011

We're Having Another Baby!!!

It's true!  I will start from the beginning.  I've been breast feeding Kellen since the day he was born.  It was my goal to breast feed him until he turned one.  On September 29 I got my first postpartum period.  My milk supply stared to go down right away.  On October 17 I stopped completely.  Kellen turned one on the 25th, so I reached my goal!  I was beyond proud of myself!  We went to Pennsylvania for our vacation, and when we came back home on November 2 I was expecting to get my period any day.  On November 8 I realized that it had been 41 days...I thought for sure that my cycle was just off since I was just getting back to normal.  Eventually on the 43rd day, November 10 I took a test.  There were 2 blazing pink lines, it was positive!  I couldn't believe it!  I took another test...it was positive.  I immediately told Evan and we were both in shock!  On November 14 I took another test, still positive.  I called my OB and scheduled THE appointment.  We waited until I was 8 weeks to tell anyone.  For now until we find out the gender we are calling this sweet baby, sweet pea.

I went for my first ultrasound yesterday.  I thought that according to my last period, I was 10 weeks and 6 days, but when my OB measured the baby I am actually 9 weeks and 4 days.  Sweet pea baby looked great and we saw a sweet little heartbeat, which was beating at about 150 bmp.  When we went for Kellen's first ultrasound he was swimming all around in my belly, but sweet pea was very calm and moved just a little.  I hope that means that sweet pea is going to be a calmer baby compared to Kellen!

We are still in shock and honestly it still doesn't seem real!  We are very happy to be extending our family but still a bit surprised that God had this plan for us.  We have the anatomy scan scheduled for February 27.  But we aren't going to find out the gender until March 2.  We are going to have a little gender reveal party!  On Monday the tech will seal our gender picture in an envelope so we can't peak.  Then my friend Jen is going to safe keep the envelope until our party on Friday where we will all find out the sex at the same time.  I can't wait to find out!!!  But, I am going to be strong and wait like everyone else.

Here is a picture of the ultrasound.  Sweet Pea's head is at the top of the picture.  His/her hands are tucked in front of his/her face and the little legs are tucked up, so that is why sweet pea looks like 2 connected balls.  Sweet Pea is already beautiful and we are so much in love!!!!  Oh!!!!  My due date was July 5, now it is July 14.  At first I was bummed because I liked the idea of the due date being the same as Evan's bday, but now that it is extended the chances of sweet pea being born on Evan's birthday is much higher.


No comments: