Friday, December 30, 2011

Crazy Kellen and 12 Weeks!

Kellen is certainly making our lives very full and very busy!  It is so fun watching all the changes that he is going through.  He is really trying to walk, but hasn't walked more than a couple steps independently.  We know that he can do it, but it seems like he thinks that crawling or holding on to something is much easier and faster and probably safer.  He LOVES to run and play chase in the walker that Barb Bush got him.  Thanks again Barb!  We really appreciate this gift!  Playing with this is an evening ritual. Everyday after supper he runs around screaming and laughing in his walker.  So much fun!  Here he is being his crazy self!!


Playing!

He is still in size 5 Pampers and wears size 12-18 months.  He consistently says, BubBub, DadDad, MumMum, and hi.  He eats pretty much anything.  I just gave him his first taste of peanut butter today.  No negative reaction, so I might try giving him peanut butter crackers for snack today.  He is becoming more snugglie these days, which is the BEST feeling in the world!  

In pregnancy news, I've been taking weekly belly pics and plan to continue watching my expanding belly through out this pregnancy.  It is fun watching me get bigger and bigger!  Here is the latest belly pic, at 12 weeks.   


I've had really bad morning sickness for a couple of months now, so much that my OB prescribed a safe medicine for me to take, called Zofran.  I was throwing up more than I was actually eating, so for the health of my baby and for myself, I will take this medicine until I don't need it anymore.  Since I've been so sick, my energy level was a little low, but not too bad.  Other than the morning sickness I feel really good.  Being pregnant has still not kicked in with me and Evan, but Sweet Pea is in there!  I can't wait until Thursday to hear Sweet Pea's heartbeat and to find out the BPM!  

This is what is Sweet Pea is doing this week:


The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
See what your baby looks like this week. (Or see what fraternal twins look like in the womb this week.)

No comments: