Wednesday, April 27, 2011

6 Months Old

What an amazing and much needed LONG weekend! My dad came for a visit on Thursday and stayed with us until Tuesday. I was sad to see him go. I miss my dad. He is such a wonderful man! He has the biggest heart! It was great spending an extra long weekend with him.

Kellen released his balloons with a note attached. Hopefully someone will find it and send it back to us!

On Monday, April 25, Kellen turned 6 months old! My goodness, life is getting better and better and Kellen is getting cuter and cuter!!! There have been many changes this past month! He has officially been sitting on his own!! My previous post shows the evidence! Here is another picture of Kellen sitting up on his own!



When he sleeps (still on his tummy) after a few minutes, he will scoot to the very top of his crib. Evan and I wake up several times during the night to check on him. We are still terrified of SIDS. There was a SIDS research auction going on last week. One of the items up for bid included an Angel Care monitor. *click on "angel care monitor for info* I bid on it and actually won! I LOVE this monitor! It goes underneath Kellen's crib mattress and detects the very slightest movement. If there is absolutely no movement for 20 seconds, an alarm will go off. I really wanted this monitor! We now have the peace of mind that he will be ok while mommy and daddy sleep. I suggest every new mom or any expecting mom to get this! Put it on your baby registry!!!

Kellen still loves tummy time! When he does tummy time he moves all over the floor. I told Evan that I really think that he will begin crawling in the next few weeks! We will see! He used to love sitting in his little bouncy chair or jumping in his jumper, but now he is happiest playing on the floor. He loves to make raspberries! His new favorite toys include his 2 feet!! He loves laying on his back and playing with his feet! And has started giving me kisses! That is the BEST feeling in the world!!! When I get home from work, or when he wakes up in the morning, I go to give him a kiss and he will literately grab my face with both hands and smooch me!!! Ahhhhh, I LOVE that boy!

Raspberries!



Easter was wonderful! I hosted my first holiday get together since having Kellen. My dad was there, Amber, Hyla and my close friends Jen and Gregg. The company was great and the food was amazing! In typical Lisa fashion, I had to acknowledge Kellen's 1/2 birthday! So, I bought him 6 balloons, a Little Tikes work bench, and Jen made him the cutest 1/2 birthday cake! I even let him taste it! He wasn't too thrilled with the texture of the cake, but he really liked the icing!!! Hehehe!

Kellen's Easter presents (and his 6 month birthday present:))

Kellen in his Easter outfit.

Kellen's 1/2 birthday cake and Jen!

Here are Kellen's stats:
Size Diapers- Size 3 in Pampers or Huggies
Size Clothes- 6-9 months
Eating and how much- He is eating 6-6.5 ounces of breast milk every 2.5 hrs. Plus once a day he eats 1-2 tbsp of solids. He has eaten:
March 27= Oatmeal up to 2 tbsp 1x/day (Healthy Times)- Liked
April 2=Banana's (1/4) and Oatmeal (2 tbsp)- LOVED!!!
April 7=Sweet Potatoes (2 tbsp)- LOVE, LOVED!!!!
April 18=Avocado (2 tbsp)- Liked, ok...
April 21=Green beans (1 tbsp)- He didn't and still doesn't like them!!!

His 6 month check up is next Friday. I can't wait to see how much he has grown...but I sooooo don't want him to get more shots...:(

My family!

1 comment:

CharChar said...

Brave & Beautiful Lisa - the hair was a great surprise! Kellen beautiful too! No surprise, he is so Advanced. Glad you guys had such a wonderful Easter. Missed you all. xxcc