Thursday, March 24, 2011

What’s next? Dating, driving, college, SLOW DOWN KID!!! And an obsessed mom!

March 13…Kellen has his first taste of solid food! I really tossed this around. I wasn’t sure if I should introduce rice cereal. I am a little (ok a lot) obsessive when it comes to giving Kellen the best. BTW, that is just my personality. I know that I over analyze everything, I plan out everything to a T and if I am unsure about something I will find an answer if it kills me!!! For me, the hardest thing about being a parent is figuring out what the right thing to do is. This has been a big topic of discussion around the Martz home. When I was pregnant, I joined a wonderful forum called “The Mommy Playbook”. I went there when Evan and I wanted to start trying to conceive (I was told once when I was younger that I would have a hard time conceiving and I believed it. Also, I took a hormone test which told me that my levels were off- which they weren’t…I just took the test at the wrong time of the month. My Ob and NP told me I had nothing to worry about, but in typical Lisa fashion, I worried.) I remained an active member of the forum after we conceived and throughout my pregnancy. Actually, I am still a member of that forum. In addition to the forum I read every single book that I could get my hands on! The best book that I read was, “Pregnancy Day by Day" by Paula Amato MD, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oregon Health and Science University and Maggie Blott, MB BS. That particular book explained exactly what was happening throughout my pregnancy; what foods to eat, what foods not to eat, what vitamins to take, what exercises to do, and kept me informed of the growth that was happening to my baby. EXCELLENT and I followed it to a T! But now that I have the baby, I want a book like that! One that tells me what I need to do to make sure Kellen is getting everything (physically, emotionally, and developmentally) but there isn’t a book that explains all of that!! After I noticed Kellen watching me eat, I gave him rice cereal. He loves it! Now, once a day I give him his cereal. My boy is growing up so fast! Here are some pictures (in order) of his first taste of rice cereal.





No comments: