Sunday, March 20, 2011

2 Months Old and Our Christmas

Merry Christmas! Kellen turned 2 months today!!! Everyone asked what I got for Christmas. The best Christmas present I could ever ask for was given to me on 10.25.10!!! Last night I over heard Evan telling Kellen, “Santa is coming tonight, you so you have to sleep all night long and not wake up.” And believe it or not…HE DID! The first time ever!!!! Kellen fell asleep at 11pm and didn't wake up until 6am!!!! That was the first time he has slept through the night! And the first time since BEFORE I got pregnant that I got that much sleep! He listened to his daddy! We woke up and hung out with Kellen in bed for a while, which was so sweet! Then we opened presents and played with Kellen all day long! He got lots of presents and gave us lots of smiles!

Here are some Christmas Baby Pics:)



On 1.7 Kellen had his 2 month check up…which included his first round of immunizations. I scheduled the appointment for a Friday. My mother in law, Charlene, suggested I do that just in case Kellen had a rough night. It wasn’t so bad. It was harder for me I think. He has grown so much since his 1 month check up! During his 1 month check up, we found out that he was 20 inches long, and weighed 9lbs 7.5 ounces, now he is 22 inches long and weighs 13lbs 2 ounces! Mommy is happy!!!!

After I went through the list of questions that I had prepared, it was time for the dreaded shots...I was so upset, but Kellen was laughing and smiling at his doctor and his nurse...I held him on my lap and kissed his head as the nurse gave him an oral immunization, then came the shots. My heart was racing!!! The first shot was given (2 in one thigh, 1 in the other thigh), he let out a scream, then the nurse was done...and to my SURPRISE so was his crying!!! I thought he was going to be crying inconsolably, but boy did he surprise me!!! He was actually smiling and laughing at Evan as I put his clothes back on. Later that night he was a little fussy, and ran a very low fever and was up a little more during the night, but it really wasn’t that bad.

Kellen has been sleeping for 6 hours during the night and 1-2 hour stretches during the day. He eats every 3-4 hours, 4 ounces at a time. He has discovered his tongue!!!! That is hilarious! He has discovered our tongues too, even more hilarious! When we stick our tongue out at him, he sticks his out at us!!! So funny! His personality is starting to show, you will see what I mean when you look at these pictures! We are really having fun now! On 1.6 he rolled over for the first time! He has a new vocabulary word…”Goo” and he has the sweetest little voice! Oh, he says “hi” too, he is so advanced! He is now wearing size 1 in diapers and wears 0-3month clothes.

Kellen showing me his tongue!

Fuzzy Coat from Jen and Amanda:)

Family

Kaden loves Kellen!

No comments: