Thursday, March 31, 2011

5 Months Old

Oh boy, where to start!! This has been an exciting month! Still learning new things everyday! And I can tell that I have settled down into mommy-hood. I am calming down...a little (small steps people!!!) as I don't freak out as much...or maybe as often...or perhaps I've learned to keep it to myself...well, whatever, I am trying!!! Anyways, Evan brought Kellen to work today to do our switch off. Kellen did great! I was so excited to see him and I couldn't wait until they arrived!!! He got passed around like a football, but he never fussed. Just smiled and looked around at all the unfamiliar faces. After about an hour of playing baby football he started to fuss. Not a lot, just a little. Someone asked me, "What does he want?" I simply said, "I don't know. I just have to figure it out." At the time I didn't think to much about my comment. Later, as I drove home and thought about the football game, I was really proud of myself. I stayed calm and just figured out what he wanted. No big deal, it was all good!

Evan is still getting very little sleep and that makes me feel bad. I am really surprised to see that he is lasting this long! I am sure that when he sees Kellen smile at him early in the morning he helps Evan forget about the lack of sleep. I do feel bad for him though.

We went to a St. Patty's Day party! Kellen's first REAL party! It was so fun! My great friend Jen threw a great party! We had a blast! Kellen did too! Our friend Amanda (aka Aunt NeNe) dressed him up...hilarious! He looked like a baby leprechaun! It was really nice getting out and have a good, yet responsible time! I have to admit, it was really weird going to a party with a baby, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Here are Kellen's stats:
Size Diapers- Size 3 in Huggies
Size Clothes- Some 3-6 months, mostly 6 months
Eating and how much- We've put cereal on hold for a few days (he got a little constipated from the rice cereal, so I am giving his digestive system a little break and then on Sunday I will resume with oatmeal. He is eating 6-6.5 ounces of breast milk every 2.5 hrs.
Milestones- He rolls over all the time now from belly to back and back to belly, makes razzing sounds, bears some weight on both legs, pulls up to a standing position from sitting, passes toys from one hand to the other, makes LOTS of sounds, laughs like crazy (he is getting ticklish!), starting to hold his own bottle, he reaches for toys and then puts them in his mouth, and he's figured out how to work some toys.
Sleep Schedule- One hour nap in the AM (usually), 1/2 hour nap in the late afternoon/early evening. Bedtime is usually around 9pm, he wakes up around 8am.

We feel so incredibly blessed that God has given us the most precious gift that could ever be given. I am so grateful! Kellen fills a hole in my heart that I never knew was there!

I will be taking Kellen's 5 month pictures very soon, but here are some pics from the party and over the past few days...:)

My little leprechaun baby! (BTW, his AWESOME onsie was given to him by Char Char and PapPap, and it VERY appropriately says, "The Cool Kid Just Showed Up", very appropriate for a party!!!)

This is one of my FAVORITE pics of Kellen and me!

My Little Martz Family!

Kellen's 5 month birthday toy!

Kellen got a highchair too for his 5 month birthday!

Sitting in his new highchair showing off his new bib, "Star of Mommy's Blog"...hehehe!

It was this past Saturday, March 26, and I could NOT get Kellen to nap for me at all! Evan was home for 5 minutes, took Kellen to give me a break and look what happened! GEEZ!!!!

3 comments:

char char said...

Beautiful blog with beautiful "stars" especially my little "Laurel & Hardy" boy at that party! Great spirit Kellen!! xx char char

les said...

Lisa this blog is beautiful in spirit and content! Pictures are wonderful, you guys look so happy. God Bless you all, Pap pap

Sue S. said...

Hi Lisa!!! How cute Kellen is!! Love the St Pats photos!! He has blue eyes and black hair!!! OMG he is adorable!!

Hope to meet him in person sometime soon!! God bless your beautiful family!

Love Sue