Saturday, March 19, 2011

2 Weeks Old!

On 11.9 we took Kellen in for his 2 week check up! He is doing very well! He weighed 6 lbs 11oz! He went over his birth weight! Evan just went back to work; he took 2 weeks off to be with me and Kellen. I am sad that he is back to work, it feels like the vacation is over and time is flying by. I am adjusting; it is a little rough at night now that Evan is back at work. I take all baby duty at night and get very little if any sleep. He is so worth it though! He recognizes me!!! He stares at me while I feed him, and when awake. He just sits there and stares at me. It is amazing and such an overwhelming happy joyous feeling.

Charlene and Les left on 11.10. The house is quiet…even with a newborn! Kellen and I are going to have a chill day and try and catch up on some much needed sleep. He didn't sleep so well last night, he has a blocked tear duct (very normal and nothing to worry about) and his nose is really stuffy, so he is having a hard time breathing, he breaks my heart when I hear him struggle. So, we didn't sleep hardly at all. Yesterday I got him a cool mist humidifier and used it all night, so hopefully (prayers) this will work VERY soon!

2 weeks after having him I am 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. AND, I can fit in to my non pregnancy jeans again! I still need to tighten up my lower belly, but I am SO surprised how quickly my tummy shrank! I am breast feeding and really struggling with it, it hurts SO bad! His pedi told me that babies who are born early (Kellen was born 3 weeks early) typically have a hard time nursing because their mouths are too tiny. But I am pumping about 5 times/day. I hear this helps take the baby weight off.

He sleeps A LOT!!! He sleeps for about 3 hours, then he eats, is up for about 30-60 minutes, then he falls back to sleep. He is more awake at night, but not much more than he is during the day. Oh, I just love him so much!!!! I can't believe how much I love him! I knew I would, but it is so deep that I can't even put it into words. He is my everything! I am so blessed and lucky to have him! Just this week, when he eats, he makes the cutest little, “mmmm-mmmm-mmmm” noises! We caught it on video! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Tummy time!

I think he looks like his daddy!

He recognizes Evan's face.

Kisses!

In the bassinet that Amber, Evan and Hyla all slept in as a baby! And loving the blanket that PapPap's mom knitted.

He recognizes me!

Super cute baby!

Super, SUPER cute baby!

We are in LOVE!

1 comment:

char char said...

What a beautiful story with such beautiful "stars"; but, of course, I'm the GM (char char)and couldn't think anything but. How about those party pics? It did remind me a bit of "Laurel & Hardy" though. What a great spirit Kellen. Love you all cc