Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to work...but I thought being a mommy was my job...

12.6 What is going on??? How can he be growing up this fast!!! I went back to work on December 6. This was a really hard day for me. I wake up at 5:30am, pump from 5:30am-6:00am, get myself ready for work, leave at 6:30 at work by 7:00, pump at 11:30, Work until 2:30, back home by 3:00, say hi and bye to Evan, pump at 3:30, play/change/feed Kellen, cook, clean, and craft until Kellen goes to sleep. I then pump and then I am off to bed. That is my day! The company where we work has worked out an AWESOME schedule for us, so we don’t have to put Kellen in child care! I work Monday-Thursday 7:00am-2:30pm and Fridays 8:00am-5pm, Evan works 4:00pm-1:00am and is off on Friday and Sunday. It is going to be rough for us, but we can do it. And this way Kellen will have his parents all of the time. So, my first day back. I got ready, very slowly. I didn’t want to leave Kellen, but I KNEW he was in good hands. That was the only thing that kept me going. I kissed him a million times good bye, gave Evan a kiss and gave Kellen another million kisses. I started crying. I cried the entire ride to work. Took a deep breathe and walked into work. It was weird being back. My friend Nannette talked to me through out the morning, I know she was trying to keep my mind busy. 2:30 couldn’t come fast enough! I got home and held Kellen all evening long. I did it!

No comments: